Last reviewed & updated: October 28th 2019
BlueCheck, Inc. (”Bluecheck”or“We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.bluecheck.me, including through the use of any content, functionality or services offered on or through www.bluecheck.me and any other website owned and operated by BlueCheck (our ”Website”) or use our User Verification Application Program Interface (“API”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or receive:
- On this Website and through our API.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website, or you and our API.
- Using our own non-browser applications or our applications hosted on third-party sites.
It also applies to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by BlueCheck or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); and
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and API, including information:
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website and API may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or API. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms via our applications on third-party websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
Your information will always be legally and fairly collected, and directly from you wherever reasonable and practicable unless you consent otherwise. When you register on the Website or use the API on a third-party website, we ask for information that is used to verify your identity. As you progress through the verification process, you may be requested to enter personal information, including but not limited to, your name, date of birth, telephone number, and the last four digits of your social security number, which BlueCheck uses to compare against commercially available databases regularly used for the purposes of age and identify verification. After the verification process is complete, the last four digits of your social security number will be removed from our system, but we will continue to retain your name, date of birth, and telephone number for purposes of providing a more enhanced and streamlined identify verification process during your subsequent use of the Website or API.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To conduct our age and identity verification services.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or API.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all BlueCheck Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BlueCheck, Inc., about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.